3.16.2010

Damnit, I missed advocacy day -- LUPUS

Things are crazy this week. Too many things going on to keep up with everything i would normally do. I feel bad. I am all about getting the word out more about Lupus and other autoimmune and I failed today miserably. But I have been around long enough to know that while one day can make it difference, it is more about what you do to make folks aware every day.

I have met a great group of folks on twitter and the "buckle me up international auto immune arthritis movement -- and it has been very lovely to wake up every morning to be greeted by them, hugged by them and supported by them. I can't tell you enough how much a difference it has made on me personally to connect with those who suffer the same shitty rx as I do. Stress and depression can reek serious havoc on our diseases and just having that support group out there makes it more manageable - tolerable. Makes me feel less alone.

I encourage those who suffer from any disease to reach out to a support group - - create your own on twitter, find a org that can connect you with folks or just create on your self. My personal favs are http://lfa-inc.blogspot.com and http://bucklemeupmovement.com/
it's good to know you got a friend out there who can help :) Cheers!