9.22.2009

Stolen thoughts

So i took this from a fellow lupus blogger -- but have changed the responses :)

1. The illness I live with is: Systemic Lupus. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Reynauds Syndrome, Vascilitis

2. The year I was diagnosed was: 2001.

3. I had symptoms since: since I was diagnosed with Lyme's disease, I never recovered.

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: dealing with life minute by minute and try to enjoy each moment.

5. Most people assume: there is nothing wrong with me cause i don't look sick

6. The hardest part about mornings are: Continuing to move forward, hoping I can make it.

7. My favorite TV medical show is: House, for obvious reasons

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: no gadgets, but my dogs --

9. The hardest part about nights are: wondering if i can make it thru the night without pain, restlessness and thinking about tomorrow

10. Each day I take: the minimum 8 pills ( and that is a good day) with my Mountain Dew. Every Monday, I take my MTX injection and every other tuesday I take Humira injection

11. Regarding alternative treatments, I: don't bother.

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness and a visible illness, I: um, neither, they both suck.

13. Regarding working and career: i am proving to myself that i can work -- that is one of the hardest, most painful adjustments I have had to emotionally deal with.

14. People would be surprised to know: that i gave up coloring my hair because of my disease-- and it takes so much energy to get up and move every day.

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality is: i will never get better.

16. Something that I never thought I could do with my illness that I did: have a life.

17. The commercials about my illness: are cheesy.

18. Something I really miss doing before I was diagnosed is: walking everywhere.

19. It was really hard to give up: my career.

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: helping others cope

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again, I would: taking a long walk with my daughter, husband and doggies.

22. My illness has taught me: patience and understanding

23. Want to know a secret? One thing that people say that gets under my skin is: You can't be sick or Oh I am sorry, yeah.. one of my friend's mother has lupus but she is much older. UGGGHHHHHH

24. But I love it when people: email me, call me, help me and make me giggle.

25. My favorite motto, scripture, or quote that gets me through tough times is: "There are other folks out there that have it much worse then I do."

26. When someone is diagnosed I like to tell them: Ask more questions, become more educated and don't give up.

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how little folks know about lupus, understand and accept the new me.

28. The nicest thing someone has done for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: My friends and family have been good to me..