3.15.2006

doggie days


I just found this picture on my digital camera of my sweet Onyx, just one week before....

I have an embarassing tibit to share. Last month when I went to Boston, I started a book - "Marley & Me" and I just about finished in that day, but refused to read the last 35 pages because I knew what was coming and I was still raw emotionally from Bay. And those last pages of Marley aging, just hit a point with me and what I was going through with Onyx. So this past Saturday I decided to finish and man did I cry. But it was such a good book about this sweet creature that reminds sooo many people of their dog, well more specifically their lab. I have to tell you I was really surprised how this man put so much thought, love and compassion into a book about a dog. But jeez, he captured it and did it expceptionally well.

I recommend this book to everyone -- it will make you laugh, cry and appreciate the time you have together.

And as I sit here and think about it and read more about Marley on his blog, I am still so full of emotion that tears are just rollling down my face....