2.14.2008

Checking in from... my sick bed





Well, first let me say "Happy Valentine's Day." Now, let's get into what's been going on... updates!


Hannah is doing well and finally over her croup. She made HONOR ROLL and gots some gifts and some money to add to her American Girl doll fund. If you want to contribute to the cause... give her a call!


Ripley and Diesel are fine, bad as ever!!! They test Mike and I everyday but I so love them and how silly they are...


Mike is not doing well :( We found out that our really good friend _ Sarah Trotter passed away suddenly and it shook Mike to the core. She really looked after him, called him weekly and always (and I MEAN always) told him how much she loved him. She always showered us with so much love, affection and her wonderful spirit. I can't tell you how much she affected our lives, but more so-- how much she affected Mike's. I have only seen my husband upset a few times since we have been together-- and it is the hardest.


Now me.. .I just got back from urgent care. I have had terrible chests pains in the center and left side of my chest for two days and it really started freaking me out. I usually don’t get fevers anymore with all the meds I am on; it has severely compromised my immune system. Only after a few minutes, they diagnosed me with a viral chest infection that is in my cartilage and tissues lining my ribs. Leave it to me to get some freaky chest thing!! I am glad I went and caught it kind of early. The unfortunate thing is that I can't take antibiotics- it's viral. The best thing is that I get codeine to sleep and vicodin for the pain. They kept stressing to me how painful this is and that I have to stay in bed for the next couple of days and put moist hot compresses on my chest. It takes a while to go away, but I need to take it easy and can't work until next week and then we just take it from there. I need the rest and hopefully I can get better.


Oh, I did treat myself to a pair of shoes that I had been eyeing for a while. My friend -Nicole - and I found great summer pumps and we weren't ready to take the plunge. Well then came the 20% off coupon in the mail. The rest is retail history. Here they are...


Well, I think that is it for a while. I am seriously thinking of going to sleep now -- I have taken my meds. Here's to getting better....