12.02.2005

Denial

So I have been accused of only writing about Hannah and my dogs -- well that is because that is why I started the blog. Everynow and again, I throw in a dash of me and what is going on with my life. I would prefer not to talk about work for obivous reasons.. it's work. So I guess I could fill you in on a week filled with denial. I have struggled for along time to accept and move regarding my diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis -- I have also (slowly) come to terms with my limitations and not to be depressed about it. I have done a fairly good job of it for three years. Denial is a good thing. I think I told everyone (who reads this blog) that a couple months back they thought I had lupus also. This happened around the same time I messed my knee up -- so the focus was on fixing the knee. Welp, I read my medical records this week at the doctors and they have me listed as have RA and Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) which attacks multiple systems in the body which may include: the skin, joints, lungs, blood, blood vessels, heart, kidneys, liver, brain and the nervous system. So I think I have officically entered my denial phase. I am not sure how long this portion will last, the good thing is that it is another auto-immune disease like RA and the treatments are similar. One Step At a Time -- this is how I will get to the acceptance phase.

So there .. a post about me and it kinda sucked...