10.01.2005

goodbye


to my love- bailey. He had a very rough night and we took him back in today and realize the tumor was back and he was paralyzed again and in a great deal of pain. The only thing we could do was to end the pain and let him be at peace again. I can't tell you how much Mike and I are hurting right now, not over the decision, but over the pain of loosing our best friend. Till the very end -- Baily was waggin his tail -- always the pleaser. My heart aches so bad and I just want him back. But I know I can't. These two weeks have been so hard on him and us -- we did everything we could and knew he needed to rest.

I really wanna say thank you to everyone who has shown me and my family so much compassion and love during this time -- it really was an amazing feeling. Many of you know how much my Bailey meant to me -- and it showed.

I miss him but know he is in my heart forever-- and I realize that I am truley blessed for being allowed to care and love this amazing dog for almost 10 years. He is my sunshine..

Hannah and I always made sang songs that we put Bailey's Name in because he loved to hear us sing. One song in particular is "Can't Take My Eyes off of you..." in particular part when they sing the chorus -- instead of baby - -we would say Bailey. Like this
"I Love you bailey and if it's quite alright I need you Bailey, to hold you tight oh trust in me when I say... oh pretty Bailey..." you get the drift.

I am not sure if I will post for a few days -- I just thought it would be easier to let everyone know this way. Big hugs to my boy -- now you can rest and have no more pain, goodnight....