5.18.2007

Lessons learned

So thru the last two and half weeks I am beginning to realize that I let myself cross a line. One of my old bosses gave me a bit of advice that has always stayed in the back of my mind : You can be friendly, but not friends." I usually keep my guard up pretty good about that one, cause I mean we all get burned at work. But the last couple of years, I let go of that saying a bit and actually believed these guys were my friends. With that being said, I have realized that I should have never crossed that line and all this would not be as painful as it has been for me. And it truly has been painful. So I must move past that (and it is very hard) and realize that they are just people I work with and not my friends. Friends would not disrespect you, they would not undercut you, they would not ignore you, they would not make you feel like you are worthless and they would not tell me I have nothing to offer except and a nice rack and good looks. I deserve better then that and really believed I had proved that.

I am deeply disappointed, but should have known better. No advice and no apologies are needed, lesson learned.