10.27.2005

ahhh -- the simple things


so I rode home to day thinking about how my day and week went and frankly was rather bothered by a few events. I still can not stand these things -- people going back on their word, people attempting to make other people look stupid (talking to them like they are a child) and lazy people. But when I got home it all went away because my lovely daughter reminded me of the simple things -- how sweet it is to come home to a child and just have them kiss you and tell you how much they missed you -- all my troubles seemed rather small in the scheme of things. She is the reason I push and want to do more, she is the reason I can still smile each time I get up and go to work, because I know every night I get to see her beautiful face and hear those simple, sweet words "Mommy, I love you."