9.20.2005

decisions need to made...

I think that is why I have not posted in a few days. Mike and I had some long talks this weekends and also some long gaps of silence over what to do with Bailey. Since the test results came back on friday -- we were smacked in the face with a 2-4 mos life span from a year. Huge difference and for a little while I was questioning what I had put my happy man thru. But with some reasoning from Mike, I quickly came back to reality. Let explain a little about the cancer Bailey definatley has -- it is a fast growing, aggressive tumor. It does not have a high metastasis rate, but does have a HIGH return growth rate. Meaning, it will not spread, but will grow back in the SAME EXACT place that we just had removed, and since we could not get it all -- it could be uglier. Chemo and radiation gives us very low percentages with doing anything because we could not get all the tumor. The questions we have for the neurosurgeon is can we debulk again (the term they use for removing the tumor) -- and how will all this affect him. Very hard news for us to swallow. Gotta stay strong....